Completion

I am a list lover.  The feeling I get as I cross off completed items and tasks is so satisfying to me.  Admittedly, I will often put things on a list just so that I can do them and cross them off.  Make Dinner?  Done.  Make dinner. Dishes. Write a blog.  See, so nice.  On the same line I have this little fetish, a fetish of completion.  I thoroughly enjoy finishing things.  By things I mean actual, tangible things.  I like to use a pen until every last drop of ink is gone, or hair spray until it can spray no more.  Now, I do not derive the same satisfaction if others helped me in the consumption of my thing.  Say, a jar of jelly.  We all use that, the whole family, so I couldn't care less about finishing it.

*As a little side note, this is all very amusing to me, as I have a wake of unfinished things and projects following me around.  How many walls have I begun to paint, only to stop half way through and leave it half done, for say, 3 years?  As much as I love to finish things, I leave a lot undone.  Maybe it is not finishing things that I love, but starting them...

Well, Japan is a pretty great place to have a fetish like mine.  Packaging of products here is very unlike the US.  Take cookies, crackers, and snacks as an example.  Most of these items are individually wrapped within the larger package.  A box of cookies will have 12 individually wrapped cookies inside.  Or, my favorite, all (inedible) things bottled.  I'm referring to cleaning supplies, shampoo, conditioner, soap.  Here, you buy a small bottle and when you run out, you buy a refill.  The refills are pouches that are easier to dispose of than bottles, like giant Capri Suns.  Do you know how awesome this is for me?  I love to use up all my laundry soap, just so that I can refill it!  Am I strange?  Maybe, but you have to take joy where you can find it.
Bottle of laundry soap of its' refill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery

Back to Seattle

Parenting is not for the Timid - This is my Biggest and Worst