Lil and Jax

Before I get too far into a blog post let me just tell you - I'm exhausted.  Jason and I have each been averaging an amazing 4  hours of sleep each night.  We're up. We're down.  Can't sleep in bed so move to the couch.  That isn't working, back to the bed.  Next thing we know, the alarm is going off and we need to get the kids up and ready for school.

Speaking of getting the kids off to school - when do they start to do that on their own?  L and J are only 8 and 10 so I guess I shouldn't expect too much yet. But maybe I should.  There are moments I look at them and see babies, and other moments I wonder how they survived long enough to get this big.  : )  

I'm glad that I didn't eat them as young'uns, as I was so often tempted to.  They are actually turning out to be quite funny little people.  They are each developing a sense of humor and personality (mostly) all their own.  Jaxon is getting his quick wit down.  So often when I say something to him I get a fast and dry response that could have come just as easily from Jason.   He has always thought of himself as funny.  Now, we finally do too.  He still manages to be a total twit sometimes, trying to be the class clown or the center of attention.  But, he also is learning to tone that down too - he's taken quite a liking to small kiddos and has become a little manny to them (manny= man+nanny).  One little one in particular - A - whom we watch in our home occasionally.  He's always saying, "Isn't she cute?"  

Lillian has also long thought that she's a funny person.  I have to say, the jury's still out on that one.  But, ditzy?  She's got that one!  Not too long ago we all climbed into the car, it was hot.  Lillian's bottle of water that she had left inside was now warm.  After driving for a bit I noticed that she was sitting there, staring at her bottle of water, sort of holding it up in front of her.  I asked her what she was doing and her reply - she was waiting for the AC to cool her water down so she could drink it.  Maybe my story telling is not astute enough to portray this situation to be as hilarious as it was but, take my word for it - funny.  Images of Chrissy from Three's Company often float through my head as I chat with my Lil.

But, aside from that, they are turning into real people.  We can sit down and enjoy tv together now - and it isn't animated.  Lillian has taken to writing stories so she and Jaxon work on them together for hours.  They both read now - real books - with chapters.  I don't have to help them bathe anymore (although maybe I should...) and they are even starting to cook.   Lily is singing, Jaxon is taking piano.  Lily has braces!  Braces!  It's just crazy.  I'm telling you - little people!  

This blog was going to be about our trip to an amusement park but I got distracted. I told you I was tired... Next time.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery

Back to Seattle

$$Tokyo$$