Working

I'm not too small to admit that I'm jealous. Jason is *rocking* this teaching thing. The Japanese people love him! He's a natural entertainer and has already been promoted to full time. Now, whether or not he considers this increase in hours a promotion or not is still in the air. I, on the other hand, am not some fabulous teacher-rock-star. I guess it's the traditional teacher in me, but I am having a hard time adopting the curriculum. It's a great curriculum, it's just geared more toward fun and less toward traditional academics. Every lesson is supposed to include a game, a song and a story. With the lessons only being 30-50 minutes, that doesn't leave much time for the text. I guess the key here is exposure to the language more than anything else. Like all new things, I will struggle for a little bit but will ultimately grab hold and do well. ***having a little faith here***

Jason and I already have some favorite classes. We both enjoy the baby classes and the teen/adult classes. The babies don't know that they don't want to be there and the teens/adults are choosing to be there. The kids in the middle are tough. They go to school all day, then come sit and work with us at night. Let's just say we get a few blank, unenthusiastic stares. Nothing gets lost in the translation there.

We've just finished our work week and have the next two days off. Yay! We'll let you know what we discover.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery

Back to Seattle

$$Tokyo$$