Mount Something or Other...



Japan does parks to the extreme. We went to a park today that had an incredible play toy for the kids. The toys were
huge. Jason kept commenting on the fact that if he were there as a kid, he'd never want to leave. His mom would have to bring him sustenance for his life at the park. Once the kids were settled on the play toy (Jaxon and Lily with friends Mia and Teryn) and the men were immersed in a game of see-who-can-be-the-most-impressive-football-thrower-and-catcher, Lindsey and I took off for a hike up the mountain. We found a trail and followed it. There were signs along the way, but of course they were in Kanji so we had no clue. The trail was pretty steep and rugged, a true hike. It was beautiful. Along the way we crossed streams, ducked away from massive spiderwebs (spiders included, black and yellow), and stopped every 5 minutes to gawk at something amazing. Later we took the kids and husbands on a mini-hike to check out some bridges, a waterfall, and a couple shrines.

What was so awesome, besides the scenery, the weather, the fact that I live in Japan, was the girl time. I miss my time with my friends back home something fierce! I think that I was always a pretty good friend and tried never to take them for granted, but even so, I appreciate them more now. A simple text or email saying "I miss you" doesn't even begin to cover it. That being said, I think I could hang out with Oprah and Angelina (so, so, so not a fan of either one) right now and enjoy myself. L and I were able to chat about life's great mysteries, why things are how they are, what we can do about them, and basically how we can rule the world all while on an impromptu hike on a beautiful mountain in Japan.

Here is the funny aspect...we have been visiting shrines and temples here and there. Sometimes you come across one just walking down the street. At most of these places there are offerings left by people, such as food, money, or sake. Between Jaxon wanting to take all the money and me thinking, why leave sake behind, we're both doomed. Ahhh, fortunately, neither of ushave actually stolen from a shrine yet. Next week, grave robbing...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery

Back to Seattle

$$Tokyo$$